It is always great to catch up with market operators who are part of the Real Deal. At the NABMA annual conference in Harrogate recently, we were delighted to meet with representatives from Morris Leslie who operate the Errol Sunday Market in Scotland. Errol Market has grown over the years to become Scotland’s largest weekly market and car boot operation with a wide range of traders and over 250 car boot sellers. The market signed the Real Deal Charter in November 2015, working with Perth & Kinross Trading Standards Service to ensure that visitors enjoy a fake-free shopping experience.
Commenting on Errol Market’s longstanding Real Deal status, Gavin Terry, Chair of the National Markets Group for IP Protection (NMG) and the Chartered Trading Standards Institute’s Lead Officer for IP, said: “That such a large and diverse market can implement Real Deal procedures and maintain this standard over many years, goes to show that running a fake-free event is something that can be achieved by all market and car boot venues working in partnership with their local trading standards service.”
Pictured (left to right): Andreja White, Rolley Fraser and Keith Payne of Morris Leslie celebrate Errol Market’s eight years’ membership of the Real Deal with Gavin Terry, Chair of the NMG.
- Presentation to United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- Real Deal Work Recognised in Trading Standards Hero Awards
- Crackdown on counterfeits as UK shoppers hunt for bargains
- Naturally North Coast & Glens Market and Trading Standards Service, Ballymena sign the Real Deal Charter
- Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead Trading Standards and Royal Windsor Horse Show sign charter to ensure consumers get a Real Deal
- Gloucestershire Trading Standards and Cotswold Markets launch ‘Real Deal’ at Moreton-in-Marsh
- Operation MONTY keeps shoppers and businesses safe from counterfeit goods in the run up to the festive season
- Stevenage Indoor Market is the Real Deal!
- It’s the Real Deal – Cirencester Market and Gloucestershire Trading Standards are working together to protect consumers and legitimate businesses